SERVICES DESCRIPTION : Basement Waterproofing
Exterior Basement Waterproofing
Exterior Waterproofing is a permanent solution to keep your basement dry and safe
- When water penetrate the walls, it will definitely cause damages to the foundation structure in long term and create health concerns for you.
Waterproofing the foundation walls externally by LIWS (liquid integrated waterproofing system), address all the reasons for a basement to leak, because of improper and old waterproofing materials.
By using the liquid waterproofing materials on the walls, there won’t be any cracks, blows and seams that lead the water under the waterproofing membrane.
- When there is no room for water to run under the waterproofing layer, then there shouldn’t be any need for interior waterproofing of your basement for the next 30 or 40 years
Doing the waterproofing with an integrated system creates a seamless membrane which cover all around the foundation and preserve it from further damage.
When there won’t be any water exposed to the foundation walls, there won’t be any corrosion, mold or mildew under the drywall or on top of them and your property structure remain safe and there won’t be any concerns for the health effects the dampness cause.
Interior Basement Waterproofing
this is done because exterior excavation is not possible likely because of limited space. Any leaking in the basement is not a foundation leak, it could be hydrostatic pressure of water table rising under the foundation base and make the water enter the basement from floor. On these cases, exterior waterproofing is not necessary.
What we call Interior Basement Waterproofing is more leading water to the weeping tiles. Water is collected and diverted away by the weeping tiles. This method allow water to enter through the wall and beside the risk of mold and mildew the erosion of foundation walls is another week point.
We provide a package for waterproofing a basement externally which mainly include:
- Repairing and bonding the cracks in foundation walls
- Covering the walls with the liquid waterproofing materials for a seamless and integral covering
- Weeping tile installation
- Sum pump installation
– exterior foundation waterproofing (link)
Geo-Textile Thermotex 80-120 gr
Darin Mat (Dimpled Sheet membrane)